1/6/12

Edinburrrgh


Edinburgh, Scotland. Cold? Yes. Old? Yes? Boring? No way. Edinburgh surprised me... it's a city that is SO absolutely rich in culture and tradition, yet still makes room for new art (lots of it), design, fashion, food, etcetera within that. It's mysterious, the main cobbled roads are all connected with secret back allies and stairs that lead up to second levels of the street that you don't even notice at first glance. It has castles, cathedrals, palaces, and grand memorials, but it also has homey hole in the wall pubs, adorable shops, and welcoming locals. I could live there, but for now... I'll just relish in memories!





Art Roch Hostel

Art Roch Hostel



























Victoria Street... highly recommend checking this out



The Elephant House... where JK Rowling started writing Harry Potter!



...of course, I had to contribute to the wall! (Mine's the darkest black and white one towards the right side. For those of you who don't know me, I have a tattoo of an elephant on the inside of my right wrist. Why? Because i freakin love elephants man! And, for good luck. So, Harry Potter and elephants? I was in heaven.)





cutest/most fabulous store in Edinburgh: Miss Katie Cupcake (click here for website)



















On a sadder note... this will be my last post regarding my travels to Europe (for now!)... hopefully I'll have just as many interesting adventures while back in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment